Monday, January 21, 2013

Unit 10 Activity 3

Unit 10 Activity 3: Stereotypes

Age/Generation:


As part of a generation defined by technology, I try my best to be in the moment with the people around me instead of spending all my time on my cell phone or the computer.


Gender:

Women are stereotyped in the role of house wife and other roles that are not true in today's society. I choose to be independent and live the way I feel fit in order to step away from the stereotypical woman. 

Intelligence:


Intelligence can mean a wide range of things, but I choose to hang out with people who share the same level of intelligence and also want to do well in school.


Athletic:


Some people think girls can't be good at sports, but being active is a huge part of my lifestyle so I don't let peoples outdated perspectives stop me from doing something that I love. By participating in school sports, as well as surrounding myself with people who like to do what I do, I find it much easier to this and just ignore all those people who tell me otherwise.


Personality:

Many people associate extroverts with partying (like in the movie Project X), but I find it is best to not care what other people think and dance to your own beat. Plus, many extroverts are happy just being around a few really good friends, which is what I tend to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment